Entries tagged ‘beer’
- 06.29.16Build a Steel Sixtel Keg Cooler from an Old Water Tank
Need to chill sixtel or corny kegs for an upcoming party this summer? Sometimes you don’t want your kegged beer to tie you down to just one location. Build custom beer dispensation that no one else has!
- 04.11.14Mark Your Beer with a Can Stamp
Lost beer. We’ve all been there. You put your drink down and it can vanish in a sea of beverages that all look alike. The CAN STAMP™ is a nifty solution to properly identifying your beverage can, and it’s here to help.
- 08.15.13Just-Add-Water Beer is Now a Thing
Survivalists and hikers may find this exciting news; beer enthusiasts, perhaps not so much. A company in Alaska has created a beer concentrate and carbonation system that lets you make a beer in a pinch.
- 03.26.1324 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer
Zythology is the study of beer and beermaking, Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass, and 22 other interesting tidbits.
- 04.27.12Brewsees: Fashionable Eyewear That Opens Your Beer
You’ve heard of beer goggles, right? How about goggles that open your beer? A company with a forward-drinking attitude has created Brewsees, a stylish pair of sunglasses with a built in bottle opener.
- 211.11.11New Bud Light Platinum Not So Light, But It’s Blue!
Belgian-owned Anheuser-Busch InBev is adding some bling to one of its most popular beers. Bud Light Platinum will be the newest addition to the brewer’s beer fridge as they aim to appeal to “upscale light beer” drinkers.
- 010.24.11Say Hello to Beeri, the Siri Controlled Beer Server
The first time I tried Siri on my iPhone I wondered who would be the first beer nerds that would be able to turn the voice-recognition assistant into a beer-fetching wench. The guys at RedPepper have created Beeri to serve this frosty purpose.
- 09.15.11Brewing Beer with a Cigar-Flavored Twist
A brewer in Florida is harnessing the flavor of the hand-rolled cigars Tampa is famous for in his craft beer. Cigar City Brewing is using ingredients such as Spanish cedar, guava, Cuban espresso and citrus woods to craft beers that taste of Tampa’s heritage.
- 08.25.11Coming Soon: The Interactive My Bud Light Bottle
Never resting (or relying) on the simple taste of it’s flagship beers, Belgian-owned Anheuser-Busch InBev has partnered with technology company Spear to introduce a new interactive label for Bud Light. Your Etch-a-Brew awaits.
- 08.25.11Nonalcoholic Beer Aids Marathon Recovery
A new study reports that beer is an excellent recovery beverage for marathon runners. But you won’t be stumbling across the finish line… the beer was effective only if it was nonalcoholic. Damn.
- 15.19.11Copenhagen Lady Beer: Blonde is the New Black
There’s some hubbub on the net about a fashionable new brew coming out of Denmark from Carlsberg Group. Copenhagen–named after the international city of fashion and design–is being marketed toward “modern women and men.” But “especially women.” They’re selling beer like shiny baubles instead of tasty bubbles.
- 35.5.11Biased Rasmussen Poll: Americans Tend to Drink Budweiser
A recent Rasmussen Reports survey found that 69% of American beer drinkers choose domestic beers over imported ones, light beer over regular beer, and their top choice is Budweiser; which, umm, is not a light beer.
- 15.4.11George Washington’s Beer Recipe to be Recreated
The New York Public Library announced it will be partnering with a brewer to recreate Founding Father George Washington’s beer recipe.
- 14.21.11Viagra Beer Will Cure What Ales You
According to the Internet, oddball British beer makers BrewDog have created a special brew called Royal Virility Performance that is laced with Viagra.
- 104.15.11Guide to Building a Custom Kegerator
Do you dream of cold draught beer flowing from your own personal tap? Well, put down that can of suds and pick up a screw gun because this is our step-by-step guide for building your own customized double-faucet kegerator.