Entries by David
- 08.15.13Just-Add-Water Beer is Now a Thing
Survivalists and hikers may find this exciting news; beer enthusiasts, perhaps not so much. A company in Alaska has created a beer concentrate and carbonation system that lets you make a beer in a pinch.
- 04.19.13Budweiser Introduces Slim Bowtie Cans
Every girl’s crazy ’bout a sharp dressed can. At least that’s what Anheuser-Busch hopes with it’s latest gimmick to sell Budweiser… a bowtie-shaped aluminum can.
- 03.26.1324 Things You Didn’t Know About Beer
Zythology is the study of beer and beermaking, Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass, and 22 other interesting tidbits.
- 011.15.12Star Trek Spock Oven Mitt
Your search for a Spock oven mitt is over… if you have been looking for one.
- 011.6.12Food Network on Hand for Thanksgiving Live
For the second year in a row, Food Network will air Thanksgiving Live, an interactive two-hour holiday special hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Sunday, November 18 from 12PM to 2PM ET.
- 06.4.12Butterfly Knife Bottle Opener
This Butterfly Knife Style Bottle opener from ThinkGeek looks just like a butterfly (or Balisong) knife and it can do all the same tricks you can do with a butterfly knife with the added benefit of opening bottles.
- 04.27.12Brewsees: Fashionable Eyewear That Opens Your Beer
You’ve heard of beer goggles, right? How about goggles that open your beer? A company with a forward-drinking attitude has created Brewsees, a stylish pair of sunglasses with a built in bottle opener.
- 12.16.12Pong Beer is the Beer for Beer Pong
Some crafty entrepreneurs are taking beer pong seriously. Pong Beer Lite was created to be the go-to beer for beer pong players & drinkers everywhere.
- 11.27.12If You Don’t Like Budweiser Select 55, You Won’t Like Select 35. Or Select 32.
In its pursuit of pure banality, Anheuser-Busch InBev hit a new low today as it decides that 55 calories is too many to have in a “beer” and presents “Little Lights,” which is Select 55 in lower-calorie portions.
- 01.21.12Crazy Headline I Read: Alcohol Doubles Lifespan
I love posting about articles I find that boast the benefits of alcohol. Examples include how alcohol can help with Alzheimer’s disease, how drinking is good for your bones, and how women who drink are thinner than their teetotaling counterparts. So imagine how happy I was to discover the news that “Alcohol Doubles Lifespan, Helps Resist Stress.”
- 01.21.12Sam Adams Asks The Facebook Crowd to Build It’s Next Beer
Samuel Adams is going social. Boston Beer is giving Facebook members (I think that’s 99% of you now–hi Grandma!) a say in the brewing process by crowd-sourcing a beer. Using the “Crowd Craft Project” app, Facebook fans can determine the color, clarity, body and character of the malt, hops and yeast for the collaborative beer.
- 31.12.12Budweiser Pushed Aside for Coors Light in Top Beer Sales
After nearly 20 years of producing America’s two best-selling beers, Anheuser-Busch InBev will have to cede second place as Budweiser is pushed aside by Coors Light.
- 011.29.11Cast Iron Grates for your Kettle Grill
Pimp your Weber grill with a Cast Iron Grate. This long-lasting replacement for your standard steel or aluminum grate heats up faster, gives off more even heat and can withstand higher heat. And don’t forget the perfect grill marks.
- 011.28.11Steak Station 4-Probe Steak Thermometer
Are you bad at getting your steak the right doneness for you and your guests? Doing 10 things at once with a beer in your hand while you’re cooking? The Charcoal Companion Steak Station 4-Probe Steak Thermometer may help sort out the confusion.
- 011.28.11World’s Largest Gummy Worm
Behold this monstrosity of sugar and gelatin that will make everyone’s eyes pop in amazement. It’s the World’s Largest Gummy Worm!