Entries tagged ‘Budweiser’
- 010.14.15Anheuser-Busch InBev Will Buy SABMiller, Become Beer Behemoth
“Big Beer” is getting even bigger. Anheuser-Busch InBev is expanding–yet again. SABMiller accepted a takeover bid valued at over $100 billion from Anheuser-Busch InBev in a deal that would form a company that would control nearly a third of the global beer market. This is bad for you. Here’s why.
- 04.19.13Budweiser Introduces Slim Bowtie Cans
Every girl’s crazy ’bout a sharp dressed can. At least that’s what Anheuser-Busch hopes with it’s latest gimmick to sell Budweiser… a bowtie-shaped aluminum can.
- 11.27.12If You Don’t Like Budweiser Select 55, You Won’t Like Select 35. Or Select 32.
In its pursuit of pure banality, Anheuser-Busch InBev hit a new low today as it decides that 55 calories is too many to have in a “beer” and presents “Little Lights,” which is Select 55 in lower-calorie portions.
- 31.12.12Budweiser Pushed Aside for Coors Light in Top Beer Sales
After nearly 20 years of producing America’s two best-selling beers, Anheuser-Busch InBev will have to cede second place as Budweiser is pushed aside by Coors Light.
- 211.11.11New Bud Light Platinum Not So Light, But It’s Blue!
Belgian-owned Anheuser-Busch InBev is adding some bling to one of its most popular beers. Bud Light Platinum will be the newest addition to the brewer’s beer fridge as they aim to appeal to “upscale light beer” drinkers.
- 35.5.11Biased Rasmussen Poll: Americans Tend to Drink Budweiser
A recent Rasmussen Reports survey found that 69% of American beer drinkers choose domestic beers over imported ones, light beer over regular beer, and their top choice is Budweiser; which, umm, is not a light beer.
- 39.24.10A-B Offers Free Budweiser for National Happy Hour
Free beer. That usually grabs people’s attention. Belgian-owned Anheuser-Busch Inbev hopes that free beer — plus a boatload of advertising — will grab some new drinkers for its sagging flagship brand Budweiser.
- 11.24.10Burger King to Sell Beer at Whopper Bar
If “having it your way” has always been a burger with a cold beer on the side, then Burger King may finally have the happy meal you’re looking for. Can you say fast-beer restaurant?
- 18.30.09Low-Calorie Brews Also Low on Flavor
You’ve heard the hype about low calorie counts, but how do these new beers taste? What happens when you drastically reduce calories? The Chicago Tribune did what we here at Brian’s Belly wanted to do… assembled a panel of taste testers.
- 02.19.09Anheuser-Busch Kills Bud.tv
Anheuser-Busch pulled the plug on it’s $15 million broadband humor site Bud.tv. Visitors to the site now see only a snowy TV screen saying Bud.tv is no longer available.
- 22.11.09Anheuser-Busch Drops “Born On” Date
According to STLToday.com, Anheuser-Busch is changing the way they view a beer’s shelf life. The brewer says it has realized that the 110-day limit might not be necessary. Why? I dunno, they’re wasting too much beer?
- 111.20.08It’s Official: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Last week, shareholders of Anheuser-Busch approved the $52 billion sale of the business to Belgium-based InBev, a deal that set the stage to create the world’s largest brewer.
- 211.15.08Bud Light: Now I Know Beans About Bud Light
One of the most pitiful excuses for “beer” ever to disgrace the shelves of a liquor store. Recognized as hazardous substance in some states.
- 010.1.08Anheuser-Busch Launches American Ale
In what we can only call a ballsy attempt to keep American drinkers blindfolded to what the company is really up too, Anheuser-Busch will launch “American Ale” this week.
- 06.26.08Anheuser-Busch to Reject InBev; Drink American Stands Down from Boycott
In a move that has surprised many (including us) it’s been reported that Anheuser-Busch plans to reject InBev’s unsolicited $46.3 billion takeover offer, saying it undervalues the company. DrinkAmerican.US had more to say about this.