This recipe is easy to make and its impressive. Don’t let the shopping list scare you because you really can’t go wrong with pork… or tequila.
- 2 pounds of Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup of mustard – prepared (this means out of a jar)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – each cut in half
- 1/4 cup of carrot – chopped
- 1/4 cup of celery – chopped
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of Tequila
- 1 tablespoon of red chiles – ground
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oregano leaves – dried
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves – dried
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes – chopped
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
Wheww! OK, spread the mustard over the pork tenderloin. If someone is watching you they are already impressed. Heat the vegetable oil and garlic in a 10 inch skillet until it’s hot.
Put the pork in the skillet and cook it over medium heat until its brown. Just about now people should start wandering in to get a good whiff of the lovely aroma that is beginning to fill the air… you have their attention.
Take the garlic out, it has valiently done its job. Now it gets easy. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the parsley. Heat everything to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the pork is done.
Look for the bay leaf and take it out because it looks ugly on your plate. Now sprinkle with parsley because that looks good on your plate. Serve it up, man… anyone not impressed before will be now when they taste it.