Tequila Sunrise Chicken
2008 November 16
- 3 whole chicken breasts (the big ones)
- 1 cup O.J. (not the wife killer)
- 1 cup Tequila (andele)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or Habenero if you’re brave) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of orange rind (Needed for fruity bitterness–not the white stuff. That’s nasty. Just the orange part of the peel)
- 10-12 oz. of chicken gravy (canned is fine)
Bring the O.J., tequila, pepper, and rind to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the gravy and stir until the mixture is smooth and heated. Grill the chicken breasts and continue basting with the tequila mixture until the chicken is done (the juices will run clear). Please do not overcook the chicken or your shoes will be nicer to eat.
Pardon us while we pay for beer...