Citrus Barbeque Sauce
2008 November 16
Just can’t get the taste you want from any store bought BBQ sauce? Give this stuff a try, it’s got heat and bite.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Ancho chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Yields 2 1/3 cup
Cook the onion, grounded chiles, red pepper and Ancho chile in oil, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender which should be about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Heat the whole thing until it’s boiling then reduce the heat to low. Simmer it uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pardon us while we pay for beer...