Hot Roasted Pepper Relish
A spicy relish for sausages and hot dogs. Yields 2 1/2 cups.
- 1 medium green bell pepper – quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper – quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium onion – sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 jar (8 oz.) Il Primo Giardiniera Hot Mix
- salt and pepper – to taste
Drain oil from giardiniera and set aside, reserving oil. Using a basting or pastry brush, dip brush into giardiniera oil and lighty brush oil onto peppers and onion on one side. Salt and pepper vegetables. Place vegetables on hot grill, oiled side down. Again, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast until browned, turning once.
Mince giardiniera and roasted vegetables into confetti-sized pieces and place in bowl. Add remaining oil.
Mix thoroughly and place in airtight container. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.