Braised Sirloin Tip roast with hot giardiniera, dark beer, herbs and spices. Serves 8 people.
- 3 pounds sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups beef stock (or broth)
- 12 ounces of beer (the darker the better)
- 2 8oz. or 1 16oz Il Primo Giardiniera Hot Mix, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper – to taste
Place meat in a heavy pot or slow cooker. Add stock, beer, giardiniera, garlic, oregano, and salt & pepper. Cook, covered, over low heat for approx 8 hours, stirring occasionally. Meat will be tender and falling apart.
Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed. Cut beef into 1/4 inch slices against the grain (let beef fall apart). The sauce will probably need thickening. Remove sauce to pan over high heat and reduce until desired consistancy is reached, approximately 1/2 of liquid.
- 1. Make sandwiches – Put some giardiniera beef on warm French or kaiser rolls and top with sliced provolone cheese. Serve with Il Primo Sport Peppers on the side.
- 2. Pizza! – Take a pizza shell and spread with marinara sauce. Add a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and top with giardiniera beef. Sprinkle a bit of parmesean cheese on top (optional).
- 3. Stuff some peppers – Mix 3 parts giardiniera beef with 1 part cheese (mozzarella and parmesean in equal amounts) in a bowl. Stuff into green peppers (remove seeds and pith first) and bake at 350 for one hour.
Visit Paul’s site at Firebreath.com.