Just can’t get the taste you want from any store bought BBQ sauce? Give this stuff a try, it’s got heat and bite.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Ancho chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Yields 2 1/3 cup
Cook the onion, grounded chiles, red pepper and Ancho chile in oil, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender which should be about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Heat the whole thing until it’s boiling then reduce the heat to low. Simmer it uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.